We understand the importance of education in today’s society. Parents want
nothing more than to place their children in schools where they know their
children will be in good hands. Especially when moving to a new area, parents
want to make sure that there are appropriate schools nearby.
Researching specific needs and wants for their children’s education is the first
step that any moving parent should take. A simple phone call to the school’s
district will answer most of your questions, but not all. Some cases may require
a visit to a counselor who is more than willing to help a parent find the right
education and school for their kids.
The internet is also a very useful source for information regarding ANYTHING
related to your child’s education. Here is a link to the Seattle School District
Schools - Main website for the Seattle School District.
Seattle School District Information
Every student—regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or socioeconomic
background—will graduate and be fully prepared to lead a successful life.
- To learn effectively, students need their basic needs met—food, shelter,
clothing, personal safety and health, freedom from harassment, and respect
for their individuality and ethnic background.
- Public education is a foundation of democracy and provides the tools to
create a more egalitarian and just society.
- All children and youth have a right to a high-quality, comprehensive
- Public education must help all children and youth reach their highest
potential, feel successful, and become wise, thoughtful, and caring adults.
- We model what students learn—by what we say, what we do, how we treat each
other, and how we organize and run our schools.
- Children and youth learn most effectively when teaching and curriculum are
relevant to their own backgrounds, interests, and learning styles.
- Students thrive in an environment that offers a variety of learning
- To close the achievement gap1, we must recognize the impacts of
institutionalized racism2 on student success and question any excuses for
not making necessary changes.
- Students want and need positive relationships with adults, based on mutual
respect and high expectations for success, and schools must provide
opportunities for those relationships to flourish.
- A school system works best when all participants are candid, open, and
- All students can learn. Poor academic performance reflects the quality of
leadership and the way in which adults are working together, not the quality
of the students.
- Schools work better when they are open to and make good use of community
resources. Urgency is a critical element in true transformation.
- Fully funding public education is a basic responsibility of our society.
- Improve the effectiveness and relevance of instructional and support
services for all students.
- Eliminate the achievement gap.
- Eliminate all systemic barriers to student achievement.
- Build leadership capacity for accountability, inclusivity, and
- Manage resources and set priorities using principles of equity and
To provide every student with effective, high quality teaching and learning
experiences, relevant curriculum and support services, in a safe and healthy
Other Educational Links
The Seattle Times School Guide - Offers in depth listings on the schools
within the Seattle area.
GreatSchools.net - More information to help find the right school in the
Seattle University - Official site of Seattle University.
Seattle Schools |
Apartment Search Tips |
Useful Phone Numbers |
Seattle Utilities |
Hunter's Check List
Apartment Rent Tips |
Apartment Moving Tips |
Apartment Packing Tips |
Apartment Moving Day
Seattle Restaurants |
Seattle Newspapers |
Contact Us |
© Copyright 2001 - 2013 All Rights Reserved.
We do business in accordance with Federal Fair Housing law. (Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988).Some of the content on on this website has been secured from outside sources. We believe it to be reliable, however, we make no representation or warranty, expressed or implied , as to the accurrent Rental information is subject to change with or without prior notification.